New post-doctoral position has been opened at Colorado School of Mines. Please find the following for the position description and details:
We are currently seeking to hire a postdoc in the areas of geotechnical engineering, materials engineering and characterization with expertise in soil and/or cementitious materials testing at Colorado School of Mines. This position is initially one year with possibility of extension to two years. The new hire is expected to start by January 1, 2021 and depending on the candidate’s availability, the start date can be as early as November 1, 2020.
Our research efforts focus on conversion of mine tailings into sustainable construction materials. We aim to assess a wide range of opportunities for tailings by chemical, physical, mineralogical, and geotechnical characterization of tailings and their products, along with a sustainability assessment of construction processes and products. For more information about the ongoing work, please visit our Center for Mining Sustainability.
The successful candidate will meet the following required criteria:
• A PhD in a related field (civil engineering, mining engineering, geological engineering, materials engineering, chemical engineering, physics, chemistry, or other related fields).
• Strong publication record in high quality peer-reviewed journals
• Strong commitment to collaboration, diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Preferred (Special) Qualifications
• Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish for collaboration with partner research teams in Peru
• Ability to travel to Peru, once COVID restrictions and risks have subsided
• Prior experience with one or more of the following: soil testing, cementitious materials testing, quantitative sustainability assessment, materials characterization using equipment such as SEM, XRD, XRF, SEM-EDS, ICP-AES, FTIR, and Micro-CT.
To be considered for this position, please send your CV, a cover letter or email explaining your research experience and qualifications for this research opportunity, contact information of three references, and up to three recent publications to Dr. Reza Hedayat ([email protected]). The review of applications will begin immediately and for full consideration, the candidate should apply by October 12, 2020. We will continue reviewing applications until the fellowship position is filled. Please feel free to contact Dr. Reza Hedayat for more information.